A day of learning and sharing
We're delighted to offer day-long training courses in organic, no-dig food and flower growing at Sitopia Farm!
2024 Course Dates now available to book
Come and learn from Sitopia Farm founder Chloë Dunnett and other experienced Growers on our team as we share our passion and knowledge about how to produce delicious food and beautiful flowers using organic, regenerative, no-dig farming methods.
The course takes place on our 2 acre farm in the London Borough of Greenwich, surrounded by ancient trees and thriving hedgerows. You'll learn together through the day and share a delicious, organic lunch made using produce from the farm.
Who is the course for?
Anyone who is interested in learning more about organic, regenerative and no-dig farming whether on your balcony, garden, allotment or dreamed-of farm of your own one day. In the past this has included:
- Those wanting to grow food or flowers at home
- People considering a career switch into growing
- Those looking to incorporate knowledge of growing into their current profession
- Those who simply want to learn more about regenerative and organic farming
What will the course cover?
- No-dig methods for creating and maintaining food and flower beds
- How to care for the soil and build fertility
- How to decide what to grow
- Seed propagation, transplanting and direct sowing, tending to your plants, harvesting and flower conditioning
- Crop rotation, composting and green manures
- Tools and horticultural materials you need
- Growing under cover in greenhouses/polytunnels
We'll use a mixture of talking, walking around the farm to demonstrate techniques and plants in action, and the opportunity to practise harvesting different crops yourself.
We also tailor our course content depending on what students would most like to learn, so there will be time dedicated to topics that you would find most useful.
When does the course take place?
The course is 1 day long and takes place at various times throughout the season, with limited spaces on each date as we like to keep the groups small so there is ample time for everyone to ask plenty of questions.
2024 Course Dates:
- Friday 5th April
- Wednesday 1st May
- Wednesday 5th June
- Saturday 22nd June
- Wednesday 3rd July
- Friday 6th September
- Saturday 14th September
How much does it cost?
- a full day of tuition from 10am-4pm
- a delicious organic lunch made using produce from the farm
- a goody bag of vegetables and bouquet of flowers to take away
We also offer 2 free places on each course for those on low incomes – if you would like to apply for this please email email@example.com. We particularly welcome applications from ethnic minorities.
What people say about our courses...
"A truly inspirational day! The Sitopia crew delivered a fun and informative course covering a wide range of topics. Being set on the farm truly brought the learning to life"
"This is a fantastic day course, interesting and informative with lots of opportunities to look around the amazing place Chloe and the team have created. I would definitely recommend this for anyone interested in growing."
"Chloe and Rachel are such knowledgeable and passionate teachers. The length was perfect, the lunch was gorgeous, and I came away with exactly what I had hoped to learn, and more. The bouquet cutting was such a treat, as was the veg bag. One of the most perfect days I can remember!"
"Absolutely loved this course, I’ve learnt so much and can’t wait to apply it at home!"